top of page

Your General Practitioner (GP)

If you suspect you might have Endometriosis, it is important to first seek advice from your General Practitioner (GP). Your GP is your first port of call, and they will usually advise you to try pain relief medications, such as paracetamol and NSAID such as ibuprofen or mefenamic acid.

Your GP may also recommend trying hormone therapy treatments, such as the combined contraceptive pill, the Mirena intra-uterine System (IUS), the contraceptive injection, or progesterone pills, to limit, help regulate, or temporarily stop your periods.

Refer to NICE [NG73] for Diagnosis and Management Guidelines

bottom of page